Terms and Conditions for Nonprofit/Voluntary Organizations Participation in SCiP
Through your particpation, your organization agrees to the terms and conditions of the Serving Communities Internship Program (SCiP). This form constitutes an agreement between your organization and Volunteer Alberta as set out herein and is not subject to any other written or verbal condition, qualification, or agreement.
Term and Conditions of the Agreement with Volunteer Alberta:
The term of this agreement shall be from your organization’s date of registration until your organization withdraws from SCiP.
Your organization will be responsible to Volunteer Alberta as outlined and as required to enable the Serving Communities Internship Program activities. Additionally, your organization:
- Ensures that the information provided is true and complete and understands that this information is subject to review by Volunteer Alberta.
- Has checked the eligibility criteria for participation in the SCiP. The criteria are listed on our website.
- Will immediately notify Volunteer Alberta of any changes to the contact information provided.
- Will immediately notify Volunteer Alberta of any changes to the status of your organization that would make it ineligible for participation in SCiP.
- Possesses an awareness of the SCiP objectives.
- Understands that registration is the first step in the process of developing an internship. Volunteer Alberta will approve or reject individual internship applications submitted by your organization based on the eligibility criteria.
- Provide Volunteer Alberta with timely responses to questions and requests, and access to appropriate information, including feedback on performance and deliverables of your internship as requested.
- Maintain an organizational environment that supports your intern and engages them in a meaningful way that helps move your organization’s mission forward.
- Your organization agrees to participate in all questionnaires and surveys related to SCiP.
Volunteer Alberta will be responsible to your organization as outlined:
- Provide all necessary support materials and documents through the SCiP website for the administration of SCiP internships.
- Make available opportunities to increase organizational capacity through SCiP orientedlearning opportunities and other resources.
- Provide support throughout the internship so that conflicts are resolved adequately and the experience is meaningful for all involved.
For the purposes of SCiP a “nonprofit/voluntary organizations” means an organization that:
- Is self-governing and exists to serve the public-benefit;
- Does not distribute profits to owners, members, directors, shareholders, or managers;
- Is voluntary (benefits to some degree from voluntary contributions of time or money);
- Is independent or institutionally separate from the formal structures of government and the profit sector; and
- Is currently operating in the Province of Alberta and has been for at least one year.
And, may include nonprofit organizations or other nonprofit groups that are incorporated, established and/or registered in Alberta under the laws of Alberta or Canada, including the following Acts:
Notwithstanding the above, and organization will not qualify for the Serving Communities Internship Program if it is:
- A university, college, or other educational institution;
- A student union of an eligible post-secondary educational institution and organizations operated by the student’s union.
- A faith-based organization that does not provide philanthropic community programs/services to the broader community;
- An organization that has a sole mandate to provide programs and services outside of Alberta;
- An organization that has a primary mandate to provide national or international services and does not provide philanthropic community programs/services to Albertans; or
- An organization that is affiliated, either directly or indirectly, with a political party or entity having a political mandate.
Although Volunteer Alberta is supporting organizations in the development and promotion of internships, we cannot guarantee that an intern will apply and accept the internship(s) developed and posted by your organization.
Your organization will provide to Volunteer Alberta all relevant information and reports as outlined in the SCiP website.
Your organization will be responsible for all insurance and liability coverage required for the duration of the internship.
The copyright of any reports/products developed for your organization by Volunteer Alberta relating to SCiP during this agreement will belong to Volunteer Alberta exclusively.
Organizations are subject to periodic review by Volunteer Alberta. If organizations are found to not be meeting the agreed upon terms and conditions of this, or any internship agreement, organizations will be supported through a remediation process and may be asked to leave.
This agreement carries with it no commitment respecting continuation of services by Volunteer Alberta beyond the specified term.