Student Step by Step Guide
STEP 1 – SIGN UP
- Create personal account.
- Please carefully read all participation and eligibility criteria
STEP 2 – APPLY FOR AN INTERNSHIP
- Click ‘Browse Internships’.
- Search internships by Title, Organization, City, or Date Posted.
- Click on an internship to learn more about it.
- When you’ve found an internship you’re interested in, click ‘Apply Now’.
- Upload your résumé (and provide link to a portfolio of work if applicable). Click `Save and Continue` and ‘Submit’.
STEP 3 – WAIT
- While waiting for the organization to review your application you may apply for other internships. Students are only permitted to do one internship per program year
STEP 4 – GET HIRED
- Organization may contact you for an interview.
- If selected for the internship, the organization will draft and sign the letter of agreement – a contract including the deliverables of the internship.
- You will then be prompted by email to sign into the SCiP website and accept the letter of agreement. Your internship does not begin and your award will not be reserved until you accept the letter of agreement through the SCiP website.
STEP 5 – INTERNSHIP IN PROGRESS
- Once you have accepted the letter of agreement your internship may begin!
- You may now at any time during your internship upload your proof of enrolment document and wait for approval of the document.
STEP 6 – AWARD APPLICATION
- When the internship is over, you must apply for your award. If you haven’t already done so, upload your proof of enrolment document now.
- Once your proof of enrolment has been approved and your organization has submitted your End of Internship Declaration, you can submit your Award Request.
STEP 7 – RECEIVE YOUR AWARD
- Once your Award Request is approved, we will submit your completed application to the Government of Alberta with the next batch of award applications. Award Request batches are sent at the end of each month.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks from the date the Government of Alberta receives your application for your cheque to arrive.