Organization Step by Step Guide
STEP 1 – SIGN UP ORGANIZATION
- Create personal account.
- Add organization details. Submit application for approval.
STEP 2 – COMPLETE ORGANIZATION PROFILE
- Once approved, complete organization profile.
- At this point you may invite other staff to use your organization account. Invited staff will register with the site and receive their own log-in credentials, and will be able to post and manage internships.
STEP 3 – POST AN INTERNSHIP
- Fill in position details for internship and submit for approval.
- Wait for approval. Your internship posting will either be approved or feedback will be provided.
STEP 4 – REVIEW APPLICANTS
- When signed in, click ‘Our Internships’ at the top of the page.
- Click ‘View’ to see applicant profile including résumé.
- Follow your organization’s selection process (eg. Interviews).
STEP 5 – HIRE AN INTERN
- Click ‘Hire’ on your chosen intern.
- Draft Letter of Agreement (include agreed upon deliverables). Submit agreement.
- Student will be automatically prompted to accept the Letter of Agreement.
- An intern is not hired, and a $1000 award is not reserved, until both parties have signed the Letter of Agreement.
STEP 6 – INTERNSHIP IN PROGRESS
- Your internship is underway! We don’t need anything more from you until the end of internship.
STEP 7 – END OF INTERNSHIP
- Sign in and click ‘Our Internships’ at the top of the page.
- Click ‘Next Step’ next to the intern’s name. Click ‘Save and Continue’
- Draft the End of Internship Declaration (pre-populated), click ‘Save and Continue’ and submit.
- The intern still has forms to complete in order to receive their award, but your role is now complete. Thank you for participating in SCiP!
Need additional resources?
- For questions about the program, check our FAQs.
- You may also find our Information Security Guidelines helpful.
- If you and your intern experience a conflict, please use our Conflict Resolution Procedure.
- For more insight and tips for engaging interns to take your internships to the next level, access our SCiP Resource Book.