REAP Business Association
The mandate of REAP is to educate and encourage Calgarians to choose local businesses that are committed to people and the planet as well as profits.
REAP stands for Respect for the Earth and All People. We're a not-for-profit association for locally owned businesses that care about the community and the environment.
We want you to "Be Local" because your money does more good when it's spent at REAP businesses. It's used to:
- purchase renewable energy that keeps our air clean;
- reduce waste and conserve resources through recycling and composting programs;
- pay Calgary workers a Living Wage so there is less poverty in our communities;
- create orchards in areas where people can't afford fresh fruit; and
- is spent at other local businesses and non-profits so that we can all prosper.
Locally owned businesses spend, on average, 25% more of their revenue locally. This means your money recirculates in Calgary 2-4x and creates more good each time it changes hands. This multiplier effect means you aren't just supporting one business' green efforts, you are supporting many.
REAP businesses are at the forefront of the new economy, demonstrating that business can make a fair profit while contributing to healthy and prosperous communities. We invite you to learn more about how each REAP business is contributing to a more vibrant Calgary on our directory.
|Sustainability Metrics Liaison||Calgary||Local from Home||22-03-2019|
|Google Adwords Manager||Virtual||03-12-2018|