Canadian Blood Services
Canadian Blood Services manages the national supply of blood, blood products and stem cells, and related services for all the provinces and territories (excluding Quebec). We also lead an integrated, interprovincial system for organ donation and transplantation for all of Canada.
We are dedicated to improving patient outcomes through the manufacturing and delivery of safe, relevant, quality products and services to Canadians. Generous donors, volunteers, corporate partners and employees make this possible. We are grateful for their ongoing commitment to helping save or improve the lives of many Canadians.
Canadian Blood Services operates an integrated, pan-Canadian service delivery model. Our national scope, infrastructure and governance make us unique in the Canadian healthcare landscape
Canadian patients depend on us to manage a safe, secure and cost-effective blood system. We bring quality to every aspect of our work - from collecting, testing and manufacturing blood, blood components and stem cells to knowledge creation and dissemination to conducting ground-breaking research.
Our role also includes providing the following unique services to Canadians:
- Operating the OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network
- Building and operating Canadian Blood Services' Cord Blood Bank
- Leading national practices, professional education, public awareness and system performance activities for organ and tissue donation and transplantation
- Managing national patient registries for organ donation and transplantation
- Bulk purchasing of pharmaceutical plasma protein products
- Providing diagnostic laboratory testing services in some provinces
- Conducting leading-edge research and advancing practice in transfusion and transplantation medicine nationally and internationally
No available internships