Event Coordinator/ Friends of Interfaith Dinner and Silent Auction
|Anticipated Timeline||July 31- October 15 2019|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Friends of Interfaith are community members working together to raise funds for Interfaith Food Bank programs and services. The Friends of Interfaith Charity Dinner and Silent Auction is an annual fundraising event that takes place at the end of September, and includes dinner, entertainment and silent auction.
The successful applicant will be responsible to the Friends of Interfaith Committee, and can communicate via email or telephone. The intern will be expected to attend committee meetings and check in regularly to report on progress made or challenges faced.
In addition to the award provided by the Serving Communities Internship Program, the successful applicant will gain knowledge about fundraising, coordinating events and managing volunteers, and sharpen their organizational skills; a valuable asset for any future employee.
The successful applicant will receive appropriate recognition of their efforts from the Friends of Interfaith Committee, as well as be listed as the main contact for the Charity Auction Event in any and all press releases and promotion.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Event Management Operations Specialization
- Event Management
- Community Economic Development
Some specialized skills required:
- Be pursuing a post-secondary degree.
- Be an approachable individual, able to network with community members and organizations.
- Have experience with coordinating events and/or volunteers. (Or at least participated in the organizing of.)
- Be self-motivated, detail-oriented; have the ability to organize information and people concisely and clearly.
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Use provided materials and resources to develop a plan and procedure for recruiting sponsorships, auction items and for developing event logistics.
- Development of promotional materials, social media and sponsorship recruitment. Recruit & coordinate volunteers to assist with the coordination of event.
- Work together with the Friends of Interfaith Committee to coordinate event details and procedures. Communicate regularly with the Friends of Interfaith Committee to ensure full participation and understanding