French Reading Pals Tutor
|Anticipated Timeline||May 2019-July 2019|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The French Reading Pals program is for elementary students grades 2-6 who are currently enrolled in a French Immersion program in Red Deer. The goal of this free program is to give French Immersion students a chance to improve their reading, writing, speech, and comprehension skills in French over the summer to give them the extra boost they need before entering their next year as French Immersion students.
Tutors will be working with children in small groups (3-5 students) on a variety of activities to assist in building French reading and writing skills.
- Working with the Coordinator, plan and prepare appropriate resources and lessons for elementary age children based on individual needs.
- Work with students in a variety of activities to assist in the development of French reading, writing, speech, and comprehension skills.
- Track student progress and communicate progress to parents.
- Provide a fun and rewarding experience to encourage students to develop their French skills during and after the program.
Tutors must have strong French language skills (spelling, grammar, pronunciation)
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Early Childhood Education
Some specialized skills required:
- Fluency in French
- Adaptability in planning and tutoring
- Desire and skills to work with children
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Participate in ongoing and final evaluation of program activities.
- Assist in preparation of take home resources for use by parents with their children at home.
- Maintain student records - ongoing assessment of participant skills.
- Develop, test, and evaluate resources and programs to improve literacy, and encourage the development of self-esteem.
- Working with Coordinator, develop French literacy-based programs for elementary age children based upon individual needs.
- Works with students in small groups in a variety of activities to assist in the development of French skills in reading and writing.