APIRG Agenda Organizer
|Anticipated Timeline||June-Mid August 2019, 50-55 h|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
APIRG, following QPIRG-McGill and QPIRG-Concordia, is publishing a school year agenda that goes above and beyond a daily planner to include resources, information and inspiration for a year of social and environmental justice work and personal liberation. The Agenda Organizer will:
Organize a call for submissions for artwork and writing from local artists, especially marginalized artists (queer, racialized, disabled, etc)
Curate a list of community resources for students and community members (housing, mental health resources, advocacy organizations, etc)
Work with student and community groups to develop artistic or written submissions introducing themselves to readers
Edit submissions and all agenda content
Work with the Agenda Designer to compile material into a logical and readable book format
Assist in the planning of the Agenda launch during AWOL 2019 in September
APIRG board members and staff will be available to support the intern in all aspects of the project. The internship will take place in the APIRG office, various other meeting locations in the city, and a lot of the work can be done remotely.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Community Social Work
- Adult and Community Education
Some specialized skills required:
- extensive knowledge of University of Alberta and community organizations/members (artists, organizers, scholars, etc)
- Basic proficiency with graphic design/editing software
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Along with the Agenda Designer, the Organizer will produce a ready-to-print agenda.
- Logically organized, curated and edited collection of material for the APIRG 2019 agenda.