|Anticipated Timeline||One year total committment. To start before August 2019. Weekly hours are very flexible. There is office space available, or the intern could work from home.|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Due to recent cuts to our funding, we need to build awareness of our agency and the work that we do to end homelessness and our residential addiction treatment centre.
The Communications Intern would design and implement a social media strategy; Generate, edit, publish and share engaging daily content (text, photos, facts, videos, news, fundraising event information, etc.); Oversee social media accounts' design (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website); Utilize social media to tell the story of who we are and who we serve in an attempt to build awareness of the Homelessness and Addiction Crisis' in our community.
This intern would work in collaboration with the Executive Director, Clinical Director, and potentially other interns ( Communications & Fund Development Interns).
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Computer Systems Technology
- Computer Information Technology
- Communication and Culture
- Communication and Media Studies
- Communication Studies
- Creative Writing
- Aboriginal Art
- Art and Design
Some specialized skills required:
- Passion for Homelessness & Addiction
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent media skills
- Art and Design skills
- Digital Marketing skills
- Public relations skills
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- The intern will work in collaboration with Directors and other interns to promote fundraising events.
- The intern will analyse the needs of the agency and set up an on-going social media presence to promote awareness of the agency and our clientelle