Spring 2019 Mentorship Program Social Media Intern
|Anticipated Timeline||May 2019-July 2019|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
interVivos is a volunteer-run organization that hosts programs and events geared towards connecting young, emerging Edmonton leaders with seasoned leaders to develop skills and deepen applied learning opportunities to support personal and career goals, provide mentorship, build relationships, and actively engage with the Edmonton community in relevant, impactful and topical ways. The Spring 2019 mentorship program is focused on female leadership.
The mentorship program focuses on connecting protégés and mentors through a pairing event in a “speed format”. The intern will be a vital member of interVivos team. The intern will report to the interVivos President.
The intern will research, create and implement an effective new social media strategy to promote the organization's Spring 2019 Mentorship Program launch. This will include creating postings on behalf of interVivos on our social media channels.
Knowledge and experience with Facebook, Hootsuite, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter is required. Applicants may be asked to provide an example of an existing account on one of these platforms that they have helped manage, or to provide writing samples.
Must be available to work on site in Edmonton on June 19, 2019.
Proven written communication skills, including the ability to adapt to organization's Tone of Voice guidelines.
Experience with and access to Adobe InDesign a strong asset.
Ability to meet and maintain a communications schedule is required.
Ability to attend virtually or in person working sessions.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Digital Marketing Post-
- Communication and Media Studies
Some specialized skills required:
- Experience with and access to Adobe InDesign an asset
- Proven written communication skills, including the ability to adapt to organization's Tone of Voice guidelines
- Experience with Facebook, Hootsuite, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Provide live coverage on social media during the Spring 2019 Mentorship Program Launch, including live tweets, photos and video as needed
- Create postings on behalf of the organization to help promote our cause, communicate information about our mentorship program
- If Adobe InDesign available - light design work using existing design assets & templates to create social media graphics and advertisements