Senior Social Services Intern
|Category||Local from Home|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
There are 3 main components to this internship, and they will be prioritized or expanded based on the interests and initiative of the successful intern.
- Developing a resource guide of available community services for seniors who are facing different challenges (e.g. low income, home-bound) to be used as a common tool for a variety of agencies that do referrals.
- Taking a coordination or consultation role to develop an event to engage socially isolated seniors. This can be expanded to planning, promoting and running the event should that be an area of interest.
- Supporting the sponsorship efforts for the annual Lethbridge Elder Absue Response Network calendar.
- Other areas of support service assistance depending on the interest, time and initiative of the intern.
While most of the research work can be done from home, approximately half of the work will take place at the LSCO.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Community Health Promotion
- Community Social Work
Some specialized skills required:
- Initiative and discipline for the work from home components
- Ability to concisely describe services including parameters, client criteria, etc.
- Research skills
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Help build partnerships for the Lethbridge Elder Abuse Response Network calendar
- Support planning a small mixer event for isolated seniors in conjunction with community partners
- Develop community resource guide for seniors with specific needs