Collections Management and Exhibition Assistant
|Anticipated Timeline||Approximately 70 hours over a span of 4 weeks.|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
• Specific role position training will be provided. The Collections Management and Exhibit Assistant will be trained how to properly handle artefacts, accession, properly take down and install exhibits, permanently number artefacts and archives, catalogue and use Past Perfect 5 all according to Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame and museum standards.
• Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame provides an orientation to the organization, the museum, procedures and policies.
• Students will attend meetings with the Manager, Exhibits and Collections as required and with the Exhibits and Programming team as required. Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame provides regular communications on collection acquisitions, exhibit changes and updates as well as opportunities for additional learning which may include job shadowing.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Arts and Cultural Management
- Library & Information Studies (Crse)
Some specialized skills required:
- Previous experience with museum collections and exhibits or library sciences is preferred
- Experience with photography and scanning preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with Past Perfect 5 or other collections management software would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of database management would be an asset
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Take down and install full exhibits and artefacts as needed.
- Digitize collections, whether photographing or scanning items to be uploaded to Past Perfect 5.
- Catalogue collections into Past Perfect 5 to ensure all items are properly managed and accessible.
- Permanently number collections of various materials.
- Preparing collection management forms including Deed of Gifts, Loan Agreements, and donor relations communications such as Thank You letters.
- Create an updated list of the accessions from 2011 and onward outlining the status of each accession and loan. List will also be used to track process and confirm completion of duties for each accession. Create accession records of previous and incoming donations and loans to Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame.