|Anticipated Timeline||3 to 6 months|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Alberta Division is a provincial organization where Albertans find compassionate support, responsible care and accessible resources.
For more than 60 years in Alberta, CMHA has focused on community based services, recovery and support for Albertans impacted by mental illness. We stand with people living in their community as they achieve their wellness goals.
CMHA Alberta Division operates as a registered charity within the not-for-profit sector. We work at the intersection of clinical and local mental health care. Our programs, projects and services are developed to address the unique needs of individuals and communities.
The Website Technician will work closely with the CMHA Project Manager to audit the organization’s website, ensuring accuracy of information and establish easy usability.
The purpose of the project is to ensure the CMHA website includes all necessary information while also ensuring that information is easily accessible for the user. The Website Technician will work on the WordPress platform to develop the website, with content support from the CMHA Project Managers.
- Coordinating with Project and Program leads to obtain project/program content and uploading to the CMHA website;
- Editing current website content to ensure it reflects the organization accurately and professionally;
- Combine content from two separate websites (CMHA website and mymentalhealth.ca) to one, single website;
- Edit website user experience to ensure information can be easily accessed;
- Revise the website flow to ensure the user experience is enhanced; and
- Other tasks that relate to the website and its user experience.
Experience and proficiency in WordPress is an asset.
Comfortable communicating formally, informally, in groups and one-on-one. Able to obtain and share information, ideas, and problems. Able to ask for advice, support and accept feedback.
Able to develop effective working relationships; the ability to work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Able to be relationship centered with a get it done attitude and be hands-on when required. Capitalizes on opportunities to model healthy relationships.
Able to define expectations for self and others and to act to fulfill these expectations. Able to self-reflect, monitor and correct one’s own actions. Self-motivated and flexible, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment of frequent change and within an ambiguous landscape.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Web Developer
- Web Design
- Web Application Development
Some specialized skills required:
- Experience or education developing websites on the WordPress platform
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Update of all CMHA Alberta website information, ensuring accuracy
- Redesign of the website userface to ensure user accessibility
- Revision of the CMHA Alberta website in coordination with Project Manager