Social Media Assistant
|Anticipated Timeline||May 13 - July 12, 2019|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The Writers’ Guild of Alberta (WGA) invites applications from post-secondary students interested in meeting writers, promoting literary works by Albertans, and gaining experience in arts administration.
The mission of the WGA is to inspire, connect, support, encourage and promote writers and writing, to safeguard the freedom to write and to read, and to advocate for the well-being of writers.
The Social Media Assistant will work closely with WGA staff to create and edit content for social media that will promote and showcase Alberta authors and events in the Alberta writing community, including our June 2019 conference. The successful candidate will also help to develop a social media plan for the organization, as well as research best practices with Facebook/Instagram advertising and promotion; possible ideas and content for webinars, workshops, and other literary events; and grants.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Digital Communications and Media
- Digital Publishing
- Multimedia Production
- Arts Management
- Arts and Cultural Management
Some specialized skills required:
- Knowledge of organizational and professional use of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Multimedia creation and editing (knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Event planning and organization skills
- Research skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Content for social media that will promote and showcase Alberta authors and events in the Alberta writing community
- Social Media Plan