Summer Activites Assistant
|Anticipated Timeline||As soon as possible until the end of June.|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Volunteer Lethbridge strengthens and sustains a healthy, vibrant community through support and advancement of volunteer excellence
Volunteer Lethbridge builds connections and empowers individuals and organizations to enhance volunteerism and grow volunteer capacity.
During the summer months, Volunteer Lethbridge plans a number of community engaging events, with The ATB Financial Lethbridge Rotary Dragonboat Festival, on June 22 & 23, being the largest. Other events include interactive community engaging displays at various events through out the city.
You role is to assist with the success of these events by supporting the creative planning, organizing, coordinating, and executing. Working with the lead coordinator, you will learn first hand how a not-for-profit plans community engaging events, interacts with the community, recruits volunteers, and engages with sponsors.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Event Management
- Art and Design
Some specialized skills required:
- Fast paced environment
- Teamwork & Communication
- Ability to work with diverse population including youth, seniors, and new comers.
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and volunteer management of 15 new and returning volunteers including community groups, local businesses, & individuals.
- Approach new and past sponsors to engage them with the non-profit sector. Track communications using our database.
- Create and post social media materials about VL's activities.
- Plan and coordinate various community events to attend with the interactive displays.
- Assist with the set-up, execution and take-down of the Dragonboat festival.
- Develop fun and interactive activities for the Dragonboat festival and community tabling events.
- Attend an orientation meeting to understand the mission, vision and purpose of Volunteer Lethbridge in order to assist with community awareness and promotion during attended activities.