Government Relations Intern
|Anticipated Timeline||3-6 months (approximately 60 hours)|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Sage Seniors Association (Sage) is a multi-service senior-serving organization that works from and with the strengths and needs of individuals and communities in the greater Edmonton area. Since 1970, Sage’s vision has been a community where all seniors are valued and have the opportunity to live according to their beliefs, abilities, and aspirations.
Sage’s programs and services include social work services, health services, life enrichment programming, and more. In addition to providing frontline services, Sage engages in public policy dialogue with all levels of government to advocate for the needs of seniors.
This position involves identifying areas of alignment within government policy and initiatives (federal, provincial and municipal) to Sage’s programs and services, determining key internal advisory committees and councils to which Sage can be connected, and helping to facilitate that connection through identifying appropriate processes.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Business Analysis
- Business Administration
- Public Relations
Some specialized skills required:
- Research experience is an asset
- Knowledge of internal government structures and processes is an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and internet search techniques is required
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Provide information to Sage on processes for engaging with committees and councils
- Identify governmental and non-governmental committees and councils that advise on senior’s issues
- Identify all areas of alignment between government priorities and Sage’s priorities