Fringe BYOV Venue Technician
|Anticipated Timeline||July 20 to August 31|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Kompany Family Theatre is looking for an industrious and energetic individual to act as a venue technician for their Fringe Production at the Holy Trinity BYOV location. This internship would provide someone with experience in set up and running of a venue in a small, controlled situation.
Under the supervision of a professional venue manager, this individual will be responsible for assisting with the set up and strike of the venues at Holy Trinity Anglican Church and will operate one of the venues during the daytime for the duration of the Fringe Festival (Aug. 15 to 25).
This individual will be trained in and be responsible for the overall venue and emergency procedures. This training and planning will occur beginning on July 20, 2019.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Arts Management
- Theatre Arts
- Theatre Production
Some specialized skills required:
- Ability to learn or know how to operate a simple sound/lighting system.
- Leadership, ability to manage emergency situations.
- Able to adapt and problem solve as needed.
- Able to work efficiently to deadlines.
- Physically able to participate in the set up and strike of the venues. Carrying, climbing ladders, handling tools, etc.
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Participated in an evaluation of the intern position and activities accomplished.
- Participation in the set up, strike and running of a Fringe venue.