Summer Theatre Crafts Programmer
|Anticipated Timeline||July 8 to August 31|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Kompany Family Theatre is looking for a creative individual to plan and facilitate the theatre crafts component of both our "Plays 'n Play" summer drama camp and drop in Play Garden festival at our Fringe BYOV.
This internship is perfect for someone who is interested in theatre crafts and working with children. For the week-long summer drama camp, "Plays 'n Play" this intern would be responsible for planning, preparing and facilitating daily theatre crafts for children ages 6 to 12 as camp activities and in preparation for their final show off performance. Crafts could include any or all of the following: mask, costumes, make up, video, sets, etc.
For the "Play Garden' festival that runs at our Fringe BYOV, the individual is responsible for planning, preparing and facilitating a variety of drop in crafts and designing face painting motifs.
The Plays 'n Play Drama Camp takes place at Strathearn Community Centre from July 29 to Aug 2 the Play Garden Festival takes place at Holy Trinity Anglican Church from Aug 15 to 25.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Early Childhood Education
- Visual Arts and Design
- Theatre Production
- Theatre Arts
- Art and Design
- Arts Education
Some specialized skills required:
- A valid driver's license is an asset.
- Ability to purchase suitable and adequate materials within a simple budget.
- Ability to lead others.
- Ability to communicate with children, co-workers and volunteers.
- Creativity, artistry and ability to imagine, design and construct suitable theatre crafts.
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Plan, prepare and facilitate appropriate theatre crafts for the summer drama camp.
- Plan, prepare and facilitate appropriate theatre crafts for the summer drop in festival.
- Gather and purchase supplies for the drama camp and festival, inventory & store material remaining.
- Participate in the training of volunteers and coworkers.
- Participate in an evaluation of the intern position and activities undertaken.