Summer Theatre Production Designer & Builder
|Anticipated Timeline||May 15 to August 31|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Kompany Family Theatre is looking for two creative and industrious interns to help design, create, construct and maintain their production, "The Secrets of the Curious Creepy Crawlies". This interactive show for very young audiences and families will tour extensively in and around Edmonton over the summer. Set in a recycling depot, this show will rely heavily on a creative, transformational style of design and creation.
These internships would be ideal for creative individuals interested in working on all design and creation elements in a small, but complete, project and learning about the special characteristics of a production needing to last over a robust schedule. The process of design and creation for this production would be conducted in a collaborative manner along with the performers and director and with the guidance of a professional designer/consultant.
Preliminary work on the production would begin in mid-May, however the bulk of the creation and construction will occur from June 20 to July 8. Following that, maintenance of production elements would be required sporadically until the tour wraps up at the end of August.
Preliminary work would occur in office, however, some planning and the bulk of construction could occur from home or at the rehearsal location (Strathearn Community Centre).
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Arts Education
- Art and Design
- Visual Arts and Design
- Design Studies
- Theatre Arts
- Theatre Production
Some specialized skills required:
- Valid driver's licence is an asset
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly to deadlines
- Set, costume, props, puppet design & construction (any or all of these)
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Assist with Design, Creation and Construction of the Production Elements and meet production deadlines.
- Participate in an evaluation of the intern position and overall tour.
- Maintaine the production elements over the tour as requested.
- Adjust Design and Construction elements as required.