Promotion and Marketing
|Anticipated Timeline||April 2019- March 2020|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The Promotion and Marketing Intern will work under the Co-Festival Director (Marketing & Outreach) to draft and implement social media content; create and post short social media promotional videos; support community outreach including street team initiatives and some office duties.
This position is approximately 35- 40 hours leading up to the festival and 20 hours the week of the festival which is August 24th/ 2019.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Accounting and Strategic Measurement
- Event Management
- Communication and Media Studies
- Business Administration
Some specialized skills required:
- Works well independently and with others
- Media Relations, Copy Editing and Professional Writing.
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with social media and Media Relations
- Some events planning/marketing experience is an asset
- Outgoing and energetic personality
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- The student will assist with facilitating meetings with professional associations, sponsors and other groups to promote and discuss the details of the event
- The student will assist with event logistics which include: event rentals, on-site event support, event data entry and other even production elements.
- The student will assist in the Liaising with vendors, service suppliers and staff throughout all phases of the event.
- The student will assist in performing event registration maintenance including responding to attendee’s questions
- The student will assist with managing the budget for the event