|Category||Local from Home|
|Anticipated Timeline||May - August|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
FRAMS relies upon community engagement to fulfill our mission to enrich the Royal Alberta Museum collection, open the doors to low income visitors and create opportunities for learning.
We are looking for a creative and passionate student to contribute to our communications plan and help market our mission, programs, and fundraising activities. During this internship, the Communications Intern will hone skills in non-profit communications, marketing, and graphic design, as well as create pieces that may be shared in their portfolio.
This position is a part-time/casual position. The weekly hour commitment is flexible. The total time commitment for this position is 50 hours. Hours will be able to be split between working in our office and working from home.
Please apply with both a resume and cover letter. A criminal record check will be required of the successful candidate.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Arts and Cultural Management
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design
- Digital Communications and Media
- Communication and Media Studies
- Communication and Culture
Some specialized skills required:
- Keen attention to detail and self-motivated
- Additional experience with graphic design, blogging, and editing an asset
- Experience using Wordpress, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong written communication and organizational skills
- Education or experience in digital marketing or communications
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Complete a final survey evaluating the internship
- Aid in the development of effective marketing tools such as membership and event brochures and postcards
- Communications support of live events such as International Museum Day or Talk and Tour
- Regular social media updates
- Support in production of annual report
- Create at least 3 pieces of relevant, original, high-quality content relevant to our mission, programs, and fund-raising activities for website/newsletter