Fund Development Intern
|Category||Local from Home|
|Anticipated Timeline||May - August|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
We are seeking a creative and passionate team member to assist in developing and implementing some FRAMS fund development strategies. Community support and funds raised are integral for the legacy of providing museum access for low income Albertans, enriching the museum collection with acquisitions, and creating opportunities for learning through FRAMS programming.
The intern will research potential grants, create a timeline of deadlines, and draft a grant application for review by the ED. This is also an opportunity to take part in a giving campaign from start to finish, and contribute ideas and material to a growing development program
During this internship, the Fund Development Intern will hone skills in stewardship, business relationship building, non-profit communications, and grant writing.
This position is a part-time/casual position. The weekly hour commitment is flexible. The total time commitment for this position is 50 hours. Hours will be able to be split between working in our office and working from home.
Please apply with both a resume and cover letter. A criminal record check will be required of the successful candidate.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Communication and Culture
- Arts and Cultural Management
- Business Administration
- Project Management
Some specialized skills required:
- Knowledge in the field of Fund Development (grant writing, sponsorship and donor relations) is an asset
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience using Salesforce software is an asset
- Strong written communication and organizational skills
- People person, comfortable communicating over the phone
- Some marketing and event planning experience an asset
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Create campaign schedule and content for June Great Canadian Giving Challenge
- Support staff in development of monthly and legacy program materials
- Assist in soliciting for sponsors and auction items for upcoming events and fundraisers
- Research potential funding sources (ex: grants, awards, etc.)
- Contribute to 1 draft grant application to support project and/or operating needs
- Complete a final survey evaluating the internship