Membership and Events Intern
|Category||Local from Home|
|Anticipated Timeline||May - August|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
We are seeking a creative and passionate team member to assist in developing and implementing some FRAMS membership strategies. Being a member provides a year of access to the Royal Alberta Museum as well as exciting events, discounts, participation in community that supports RAM and programs for all Albertans. Since 1982, our Friends have been the heart of our organization.
The Membership and Events intern will participate in planning 2 member events including the Annual General Meeting, conduct market research, and use the membership database to support ongoing member business. During this internship, the Membership Intern will hone skills in business relationship building, non-profit communications, and event planning.
This position is a part-time/casual position. The weekly hour commitment is flexible. The total time commitment for this position is 50 hours. Hours will be able to be split between working in our office and working from home.
Please apply with both a resume and cover letter. A criminal record check will be required of the successful candidate.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Business Management
- Arts and Cultural Management
- Business Administration
- Public Relations
Some specialized skills required:
- Experience using Salesforce software is an asset
- Knowledge of the local culture, heritage, volunteer and business organizations is an asset
- Some event planning experience an asset
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- People person, comfortable communicating over the phone
- Strong written communication and organizational skills
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Complete a final survey evaluating the internship
- Support staff in planning and executing Member Talk and Tour and June Annual General Meeting
- Complete market research into membership benefits for arts and culture institutions
- Compile list of organizations and contacts for local membership outreach presentations
- Write 2 member profile stories for marketing purposes
- Process and mail memberships, send renewal notices