Gala Events Coordinator
|Anticipated Timeline||Mid April to the end of June 2019|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The internship is for a highly motivated individual to support the Director of Development in achieving the fundraising goals of the Varscona Theatre Alliance Society at the Third Annual Varscona Theatre Birthday Fund-raising Gala on June 16th, 2019 . Must be able to attend event all day on June 16th.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Business Administration
- Event Management
- Arts Management
- Arts and Cultural Management
Some specialized skills required:
- Highly organized, with a keen eye for detail, and has the right combination of initiative and team - working skills.
- Experience, education and knowledge of the principles and techniques of fundraising, marketing, communications, and event planning are an asset.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer literate with experience with the full suite fo Word products
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Administration: In cooperation with Development Director and Communications Director- Develop and control budget for the event. Research vendors ( catering, decorations , etc) and choose the best combination of quality and cost looking for 'gift in kind' where possible. Edit and help design promotional materials such as invitations, tickets, posters, programs, etc. Work with designers and printer on promotional materials to ensure all are prepared in a timely manner. Work with Communications Director to promote/advertise event on all social media currently used by VTA. Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health & safety obligations. Coordinate events logistics: Organize facility and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, set up of food displays, special guests, equipment, promotional material. Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on event day. Conduct post- event evaluation and report outcomes.
- Sponsorship: In cooperation with Development Director, assist with the design and production of sponsorship materials. Research potential sponsors through current vendors of VTA supporters in previous years, businesses/ organizations that have an interest in the arts, surrounding area businesses, and opportunities for grants. Assist with approaching, following up, and securing sponsorship from identified potential sponsors. Ensure sponsors receive benefits relating to their sponsorship level. Ensure all sponsors are in the program at their appropriate level.