Ambassador Program Lead
|Category||Local from Home|
|Anticipated Timeline||April- June 2019|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The Ambassador Program Lead is enthusiastic, organized, able to motivate teens in a kinetic environment. Is excited about ensuring that the experience for young ambassadors at the International Children’s Festival of the Arts is a positive, meaningful week of growth and development.
Reporting directly to the Volunteer Coordinator, the Ambassador Program Lead will be responsible for the design and implementation of a sustainable program focused on engaging youth age 12 to 17. A program that develops their leadership skills; including, a focus on building their confidence, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, as well as civic values and an interest in active citizenship.
Producing a more guided and closely monitored experience, the position will review successful youth development programs in the area and create a program plan based on their research. Program plan must include recruitment, orientation, management, appreciation activities, and final reporting. The Ambassador Program Lead will then be responsible for executing their plan leading up to, during and post festival.
This position will also be responsible for mentoring youth and demonstrating that their community values their work, while simultaneously holding program participants accountable when it comes to their commitment.
1. Work alongside the Volunteer Coordinator to monitor, support, evaluate, refine and suggest improvements to current recruitment processes and plans, with a focus on youth engagement. This may include revision of current program processes and procedures as well as implementation of new and innovative ideas to enhance the program’s recruitment success.
2. In preparation for the Festival, assist with implementation of the ambassador program including ensuring our youngest volunteers understand how to sign up for shifts and meet shift requirements.
3. Ensure appropriate support and training for program participants; including implementing a specialized ambassador orientation in order to establish foundational leadership skills like communication and presentation abilities.
4. Support the team of youth ambassadors to ensure individual success and to build organizational capacity through their commitment to retention, growth and strong relationships between staff, volunteers and guests of the Festival.
5. Set up and assist in the operation of Ambassador Team Headquarters, including determining new ways to enhance the space and engagement with participants.
6. During Festival provide onsite orientation and troubleshooting, ensuring that all information and documentation is supplied, ensuring that the experiences of our youth and concerns are brought to the attention of the Volunteer Coordinator. Additionally, ensuring that a safe and positive environment is maintained to the International Children’s Festival expectations.
7. Collect and record specific input, statistics, feedback and recommendations from the youth concerning the current and upcoming Festival with respect to the Ambassador program.
8. Devise and implement formal and informal recognition strategies.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Community Social Work
- Arts and Cultural Management
Some specialized skills required:
- Experience making presentations and interacting with youth
- Experience with program design/creation/evaluation will be considered an asset
- Extremely detail oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel, Better Impact software and/or other databases.
- Prior program coordination experience is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral. The ability and confidence to work with individuals with special needs with confidence and empathy is imperative.
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Documented processes and procedures to support and manage youth ambassadors
- Create a youth engagement plan
- Develop recognition strategies for young volunteers