Recreation Program Evaluation/Research Intern
|Anticipated Timeline||Beginning of February 2019 to End of April 2019|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Ronald McDonald House Charities Alberta in Calgary is committed to keeping families close while one or more of their children are receiving medical care at one of Calgary’s hospitals. Our recreation program allows families to bond with other families as well as each other over activities such as games and crafts. This role includes analyzing program attendance and factors that may impact this such as dates, times, and hospital appointments. The intern’s schedule can be flexible but should be roughly 4+ hours per week, generally during business days.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Social Work
- Child and Youth Care
Some specialized skills required:
- General computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Office or similar programs. Basic math skills. Program planning experience.
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Provide a final analysis of old stats compared to the new ones.
- Assist with monthly program planning using the strategies deemed most effective.
- Come up with and implement strategies to improve activity attendance and volunteer satisfaction.
- Survey volunteers to determine satisfaction with recreation role and preference of activities.
- Contact ACH to ensure we are not scheduling our activities during theirs. Establish a partnership to ensure we are encouraging attendance at both
- Survey past and current families about what they would like to see and times that generally works/worked for them for recreation activities.
- Provide an analysis of patterns in activity attendance (low or high) using this data.
- Compile activity attendance data recorded over the years.