Set Production Intern
|Anticipated Timeline||Mid April til Mid June|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Carpentry, cutting materials, fastening, lifting/moving set pieces, maintaining a safe and clean working environment
Painting duties may include but are not limited to: cutting in and rolling on of paint, application of textures, sanding, cleaning of paint tools and brushes, generally helping to maintain a safe and clean working environment
Hours will be assigned by the Production/Technical Manager and can be worked around a students class schedule if need be.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Visual Arts and Design
- Construction Technology
- Architectural Technologies
- Millwork and Carpentry
- Theatre Production
Some specialized skills required:
- Knowledge of basic welding practices an asset
- Interest in learning new set construction techniques and methods
- Comfortable working with all power tools
- Good, safe Scenery construction skills and practices
- Basic understanding of various scenic finishes including but not limited to stone, wood and metallic finishes.
- The ability to safely lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Work with the Scenic Shop to build and install a large scale theatrical set