Wardrobe Department Interns
|Anticipated Timeline||Varies - Early May till mid July|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The Wardrobe Intern is responsible for daily tasks in the wardrobe shop as assigned by the Head of Wardrobe, furthering their knowledge and training in Stitching and the processes within the Wardrobe department.
The Interns will work closely with a trained team within the wardrobe department and learn the specialized skill of costume construction for a large scale professional production.
Stitching, pattern cutting, dyeing and costume care
There are three positions with three different dates:
1. May 6 - 24
2. May 27 - June 14
3. May 27-June 14.
The positions are each approx. 3.5 weeks long, the hours will be assigned by Head of Wardrobe and will not exceed the total allowed 100 hours per Stitcher Intern position.
The hours and specifics of employment will be discussed and set with the student prior to work commencing.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Theatre Arts
- Applied Arts
- Theatre Production
- Fashion Design and Sustainable Production
Some specialized skills required:
- Some knowledge of Stitching, Pattern Drafting, Dyeing, Cobbling would be an asset
- Knowledge of laundry techniques and costume care would be an asset
- Some prior knowledge of basic costume construction and repair
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Work with a trained wardrobe team to build over 40 costumes for the Freewill Shakespeare Productions