Year of the Grouse: Events and Outreach Coordinator
|Category||Local from Home|
|Anticipated Timeline||February 1 - July 31, 2019|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
2019 has been identified by cooperating groups across Battle River Region as The Year of the Grouse. The intern will work with the ( 1 ) Grouse Point Person and Team, ( 2 ) the SCiP Research and Reporting intern, and ( 3 ) the Aboriginal Grouse Knowledge intern with a view to informing further the growing interest in the grouse and its ongoing regional survival. The intern will maintain a digital and hard copy record of regional organization representatives and contact information. The intern will organize a reasonable number of presentations to present relevant grouse information to stakeholders.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Aboriginal Leadership and Management
- Communication Studies
- Environmental Management
Some specialized skills required:
- Will work well with other Grouse project interns, especially information sharing.
- Attentive to the need for setting up accurate contact information for community groups and contact.
- Effective communicator, especially in oral presentations.
- A self-directed individual who is able to identify relevant community groups having interest in understanding the period of the grouse.
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Provide an accurate written and digital report at project period end.
- Present information in an interesting way; maintain records of what is learned at meeting for transfer to all Grouse Project members.
- Schedule, host and coordinate Grouse-learning meetings.
- Determine and deliver a reasonable number of Brouse information presentations to communities (determine with Grouse Point Person)
- Identify community groups that want information about the Grouse Project.