124 Grand Market Assistant Coordinator Thursdays
|Anticipated Timeline||May 2019-October 2019|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
By joining our small and dynamic team at the 124 Grand Market you get to be a part of a special Edmonton fixture. Over the last 7 years the 124 Grand Market has become a summer destination hot spot in Edmonton and hosts 50+ vendors and thousands of patrons each week. This is a rain or shine market that runs May 2019 through October 2019 on Thursday nights on 124 street and 108 avenue (east).
As assistant market manager you will work with our two market directors to ensure each week runs smoothly and efficiently. This entails clearing the street, ensuring smooth load-in and load-out of vendors, customer service and patron safety, sound stage management, and general vendor relations. You will become an integral element to the success of the market.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Event Management
- Arts and Cultural Management
- Business Management
Some specialized skills required:
- Creative Problem Solving
- Verbal and Written (English)
- Organization Management
- Customer Service
- Valid Alberta Driver's License
- Interest in Edmonton or Alberta Food and Agriculture a plus
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Ensuring successful day-of operations at the Grand Market, including but not limited to: transport and set-up of operational material (this will include heavy lifting), community relations, directing and guiding vendors in their set-up, parking control, attendance tracking, entertainment and volunteer recognition, assisting in tear-down **all on site specific tasks**
- Be on-site Thursday from 2-9PM for the execution of the 124 Grand Market
- Assist in upholding vendor regulations and mitigate any issues as they arise.
- Being a communicative, flexible, and effective member of our tight-knit team