Recreation Therapy Assistant
|Anticipated Timeline||Mid-January - May|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The Recreation therapy Assistant will work closely with the Client Services Manager to research programming and supports, and develop a number of programs for care partners and family members. The objective of this project is to enhance self-care strategies and diffuse emotional situations caused by compassion fatigue.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Recreation Therapy Aide
- Community Health Promotion
- Community Social Work
- Community Rehabilitation
Some specialized skills required:
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Well-organized and self-motivated
- Superior Communication Skills
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Source funding opportunities for care partner exercise.
- One program specific to care partner stress.