|Anticipated Timeline||March through July, with hours peaking through May and June|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The Works International Visual Arts Society presents The Works Art & Design Festival: 13 days of art and design exhibits, special events, music, workshops, and family programming. Attracting artists, designers and visitors from all around the world, this city-wide event boosts the energy and imagination of downtown Edmonton at the start of every summer. Free to the public, The Works strives to create barrier free access to art and design. The festival dates this year are June 20 to July 2, 2019.
The Works Art & Design Festival caters to a huge audience. With many big changes expected for the 2019 festival, we want to actively engage with the broadest audience possible. Help us to connect and generate excitement around the upcoming festival.
We require 1 intern to monitor and contribute to our social media streams and to seek and develop interesting stories to do with The Works.
- Creating and scheduling posts for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Following The Works confidentiality and branding guidelines
- Contributing to a broad communications plan
- Researching and developing stories that will generate interest around the festival.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Visual Arts and Design
- Fine Arts
- Professional Writing
- Public Relations Management
- Public Relations
- Communication and Culture
- Communication Studies
- Communication and Media Studies
Some specialized skills required:
- Experience on all social media streams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Create opportunities to expand and generate new online audiences
- Contribute to a robust outreach program