|Anticipated Timeline||50 hour workload: timeline is completely flexible, suited to successful applicant's schedule (roughly 2-5 months)|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The website designer will help complete our new website using WIX, which involves migrating information and files from our old site (http://www.ecohh.ca/), organizing sections of our new website in a more user-friendly format, archiving old material that is still accessible by members, establishing new content, and creating a blog for online engagement on housing and homelessness issues in Edmonton.
Skills & Experience:
· Familiarity and/or expertise with WIX or any comparable program
· An understanding of relevant apps and how they can be incorporated into our WIX website (i.e. survey monkey, social media platforms, etc).
· Expertise in writing blogs, online journaling, social media postings, etc.
· Experience in graphic design, website design, communications, taking pictures for blogs/social media, use of photo software/platforms
· Strong writing and communications skills
· Creativity and thoughtfulness regarding functionality and use of website that creates ease for the user (both the public and ECOHH members)
· Comfort working independently as well as in a team
· Knowledge of GBA+ an asset as accessibility and inclusion for our audience is paramount (https://www.swc-cfc.gc.ca/gba-acs/course-cours-en.html). Awareness of housing and homelessness issues not required but some familiarity would be of use.
The total time commitment is 50 hours as a whole. We would like the core website to be up and running within the first four weeks (so 5-10 hours a week where possible for the first 4 weeks), and 2-5 hours a week for the remainder (to be negotiated between the successful candidate and the website committee).
The successful candidate will be primarily working virtually. When in-person meetings are required, ECOHH typically meets at Communitas (12120 106 AVENUE NW).
Note to interested applicants:
Primarily we are looking for someone with some experience with website design, and with using WIX or a comparable program. Secondarily, we are interested someone with critical thinking skills and strong writing skills, and hope to hear from applicants with a wide variety of professional/scholastic/experiential backgrounds.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Creative Writing
- Business Fundamentals
- Graphic Design
- Communication and Culture
- Communication and Media Studies
- Digital Communications and Media
- Web Developer
- Web Design
Some specialized skills required:
- Some Understanding of Housing and Homelessness Issues
- Knowledge of GBA+ is an asset
- Critical Thinking
- Use of WIX/Comparable Program
- Web Design
- Strong Writing Skills
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Collaborate with the social media coordinator where required
- Support an online presence and several methods to continue ongoing discussion, engagement and information sharing relevant to housing and homelessness issues outside of regular ECOHH meetings (i.e. blog).
- Migrating and organizing documents, pictures, stories, etc. and archiving older material where necessary. Establishing a framework where new and old material can be easily accessed.
- Taking the lead, with guidance primarily from website committee members, on creating and completing a new ECOHH website. Soliciting and incorporating feedback where reasonable from ECOHH members (with the support from the website committee).
- Attending and participating in website committee meetings and electronic correspondence. Attendance at occasional policy and communications committee meetings and general member meetings where possible, in addition to electronic correspondence.
- Establish a sustainable, user friendly, dynamic and compelling website to pass on to ECOHH members for use. The finalized website can be easily maintained, updated, and edited by website committee members.