Festival Production Assistant
|Anticipated Timeline||January 1, 2019 until February 2019|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Silver Skate Festival is a winter festival held every February in Hawrelak Park. It is an extravaganza of art, culture, recreation and sports programming.
The majority of your internship hours are done the week leading up to the festival and the dates of February 8-18. Onsite work during weekends and other peak events is required, and you will be outside for most of the internship.
- Set up, during production periods, rehearsals and performances.
- Prepare practical light fittings and effects as may be required for productions and special events.
- Maintain the lighting equipment and festival equipment rented by the festival in good safe working condition.
- Ensure a safe and tidy environment in all working areas
- Operate within current Health and Safety Regulations and the company’s own Health and Safety Policy as they apply.
- Support for the Festival and assist in the coordination and installation of Silver Skate Festival Programming
- Supporting volunteers and volunteer opportunities
- Support development of various aspects of the Festival
- Liaison with the Silver Skate staff, contractors and volunteers to deliver programming
- Support delivery of the Silver Skate Festival Programs
- Ensure high levels of customer service for all festival participants
- Completing tasks and activities within agreed budgets and timescales
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Arts and Cultural Management
- Multimedia Production
- New Media Production and Design
- Theatre Production
- Theatre Arts
Some specialized skills required:
- Some audio and visual technical knowledge is an asset
- A driver's license and access to a vehicle is an asset
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Assist in the preparation, installation and strike of the festival site