Asssistant Volunteer Coordinator
|Anticipated Timeline||November 2018 to February 2019|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Silver Skate Festival is a winter festival held every February in Hawrelak Park. It is an extravaganza of art, culture, recreation and sports programming.
• Assist in recruiting festival volunteers especially from post-secondary institutions.
• Help organize volunteer orientation and appreciation.
• Assist volunteer coordinator with volunteer scheduling and training.
• Oversee the check in and information tent.
• Help create check in procedures and information packages.
• Solicit feedback from volunteers on their experience and make recommendations for improving the volunteer program.
• Trouble shooting and problem-solving when issues arise.
From November to January most of the work will be from home with occasional progress/work meetings.
Festival runs February 8-18. Must be available to work both weekends on site.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Arts and Cultural Management
- Human Resources Management
- Event Management
Some specialized skills required:
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working with volunteers. Supervisory experience an asset.
- Work well as part of a team and on your own.
- Volunteer management experience
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Assist in producing a successful and enjoyable festival for attendees and great experience for volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers for 10 day festival.
- Help train volunteers and manage volunteers on site.
- Create procedures and information packages.
- Trouble shoot and problem solve issues as they arise.
- Solicit feedback and make recommendations for improvement.