Food & Hospitality Assistant
|Anticipated Timeline||November 2018 to Feburary 2019|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Silver Skate Festival is a winter festival held every February in Hawrelak Park. It is an extravaganza of art, culture, recreation and sports programming.
The Food & Hospitality Assistant will work with the Food Coordinator to provide beverages, food and a welcoming atmosphere to volunteers, crew, artisans and performers during festival from Feb 8-18.
Assist the Food Coordinator with planning refreshments and meals and grocery shopping. Doing simple food preparation. Maintain and supervise the hospitality trailer with the help of volunteers. Deliver food or provide refreshment breaks to volunteers/crew if necessary.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Event Management
- Culinary Arts
- Food Science and Technology
- Nutrition Manager
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
Some specialized skills required:
- Friendly and outgoing
- Cooking & food preparation experience
- Work well as part of a team and on your own
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must have drivers' license and a vehicle
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Deliver food or provide refreshment breaks to volunteers/crew if necessary.
- Maintain and supervise the hospitality trailer.
- Preparation of food and beverages for hospitality trailer.