Social Media and Marketing Intern
|Category||Local from Home|
|Anticipated Timeline||January - June|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Working with the Executive Director, the Social Media & Marketing Intern will create and implement an online marketing strategy for volunteer recruitment and donations. This strategy will build on the work that has been done to create an audience on our social media and web pages.
The ideal student will have a marketing or graphic design background and be familiar with WordPress web content creation and editing, as well as various social media platforms.
This position is a part-time/casual position. The weekly hour commitment is flexible. The total time commitment for this position is 60 hours. This position allows for most hours to be worked from home and outside of regular business hours.
This position will remain posted and open until filled.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Communication and Media Studies
- Graphic Design
- Digital Marketing Post-
Some specialized skills required:
- • An interest in building hope and well-being for seniors living in isolation
- • Strong organizational and time management skills
- • Artistic and creative
- • Experience in creating and implementing a marketing strategic plan
- • Skilled in creating and posting tweets and Facebook content
- • Experience in website design and/or editing using WordPress
- • Proven skill set in graphic design or marketing
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Increased our social media reach on both the Facebook and Twitter platforms.
- Developed a social media policy for the organization
- Trained staff on using and maintaining the social media accounts.
- Developed a list of all people/organizations we should be interacting with on social media
- Developed a library of infographics to use on social media.
- Helped in keeping our community informed about our organization, which helps us to keep our doors open.
- Revamped our website, updating content and design
- Participated in the creation of a marketing plan.