|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Luma is a quarterly online publication about independent film and media art published by the Calgary Society of Independent Filmmakers and EMMEDIA Gallery & Production Society. Luma includes critical essays, news, reviews, event previews, interviews, reflections, and photo/video essays about culturally relevant productions, events and ideas. Luma aims to expand critical dialogue about media art and film from a Western Canadian perspective on an international platform.
The Editorial Assistant will work on the upcoming two issues, one released in May 2018 and one in August 2018 assisting the Editor in Chief and Publishers of Luma Film & Media Art Quarterly with editing duties including copyediting, fact checking, and writing teasers for articles.
The position will start as early as February 2018 and will end in August 2018. The student has the flexibility to work at EMMEDIA or CSIF's office spaces, as well as virtually from home depending on the task. The student will also be required to attend an Editorial Committee meeting once per issue.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Visual Arts
- Arts Administration/Management
- Arts and Cultural Studies
Some specialized skills required:
- Knowledge of media arts and film
- Editing and writing experience
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Overseeing administrative tools including Box for all Luma Quarterly documents, as well as participating in our “Slack” account for internal communications.
- Assisting the Editor-in-Chief with selecting and editing content, writing teaser content, ensuring timely submission of content, back checking sources, reviewing style guidelines and finding pull quotes.
- Successfully publish two online issues of Luma Quarterly, helping further the critical dialogue around film and media art in our community.