Youth for Gender Equality Project Intern
|Category||Local from Home|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Working with ACGC’s Program Manager, the Youth for Gender Equality Project Intern will be responsible for assisting ACGC with the planning and organizing of youth-led round tables as part of a national initiative on gender equality.
Youth for Gender Equality
- Work with the ACGC staff to help plan and organize upcoming youth round tables. This will include collaboration with ACGC member organizations and partners, other community groups and Members of Parliament.
- Work with ACGC staff to recruit youth facilitators and notetakers
- Help promote the project in Alberta to groups interested in hosting round tables
- Be responsible for working within the budget as assigned to the various areas of programming under this job description.
- Maintain organized and comprehensive files.
The ideal candidate would
- Experience working with the public, especially youth
- Have a passion for issues of gender equality and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Enjoy coordinating multiple stakeholders with various priorities
- Be able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Function well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Have a solid understanding of international development, international cooperation, and social justice
Time Commitment: This is a long term project with fluctuating hours of work. The intern will support staff as the project is piloted and begins to roll out in the summer. Continuing into the Fall on a volunteer basis is a possibility but not mandatory.
Place of Work: Most of the work can be done virtually; however, in-person meetings at the ACGC office will be necessary on occasion.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume in a PDF format, outlining your desire to work on this project.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Arts and Cultural Studies
Some specialized skills required:
- Organized and responsible
- Proven ability to work with youth
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Pilot dialogue organized and held