Stage Carpenter Intern
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Act as Carpentry Labour for the Freewill Shakespeare Festival.
- cutting materials
- lifting/moving set pieces
- maintaining a safe and clean working environment
Hours will be assigned by the Head Carpenter and the Production/Technical Manager and can be worked around a students class schedule if need be. This position begins April 14 with the hours being spread out over several weeks until June 20.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Trades (Vocational)
Some specialized skills required:
- The ability to safely lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Comfortable working with all power tools
- Interest in learning new set construction techniques and methods
- Good, safe scenery construction skills and practices
- Knowledge of basic welding practices an asset
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Assist Head Carpenter in building set for Freewill Shakespeare Festival