Market Assistant Manager
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
By joining our small and dynamic team at the 124 Grand Market you get to be a part of a special Edmonton fixture. Over the last 7 years the 124 Grand Market has become a summer destination hot spot in Edmonton and hosts 50+ vendors and thousands of patrons each week. This is a rain or shine market that runs May 10, 2018 through October 4, 2018 on Thursday nights on 124 street and 108 avenue (east).
As assistant market manager you will work with our two market directors to ensure each week runs smoothly and efficiently. This entails clearing the street, ensuring smooth load-in and load-out of vendors, customer service and patron safety, sound stage management, on-site social media updates, and general vendor relations. You will become an integral element to the success of the market.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Arts and Cultural Studies
Some specialized skills required:
- interest in Edmonton or Alberta Food and Agriculture a plus
- valid Alberta drivers license
- customer service
- organization management
- verbal and written (english)
- creative problem solving
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Being a communicative, flexible, and effective member of our tight-knit team.
- Ensuring successful day-of operations at the Grand Market, including but not limited to: transport and set-up of operational material (this will include heavy lifting), community relations, coordinating load-in operations, directing and guiding vendors in their set-up, parking control, attendance tracking, entertainment and volunteer recognition, updating social media platforms, assisting in tear-down, etc.
- Ensure weekly operations of the Grand Market run smoothly. This includes, but is not limited to: organizing vendors, and attending a weekly meeting.
- Assist in upholding vendor regulations and mitigate any issues as they arise.
- Be on-site Thursday from 12-9PM for the execution of the 124 Grand Market.