|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The Works International Visual Arts Society presents The Works Art & Design Festival: 13 days of art and design exhibits, special events, music, workshops, and family programming. Attracting artists, designers and visitors from all around the world, this city-wide event boosts the energy and imagination of downtown Edmonton at the start of every summer. Free to the public, The Works strives to create barrier free access to art and design. The festival dates are June 21 to July 3, 2018.
The Works Street Stage programs free live music for every day of the festival, featuring local and international musicians of all genres. We are looking for an outgoing, organized, and highly-motivated individual to assist in coordinating the stage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and administering contracts for stage performers
- Researching performers and musicians to include on The Works Street stage
- Coordinating with musicians and performers to ensure the stage runs on time, this could include scheduling load-in/loud-out times, confirming technical requirements, and communicating issues with stage programmer.
- Offering hospitality and great customer service to performers.
This internship will run from March to July, 2018, with hours peaking through the festival.
Festival website: http://www.theworks.ab.ca/
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Arts Administration/Management
- Event Planning
Some specialized skills required:
- Customer service skills
- Friendly and outgoing
- Detail-Oriented and highly organized
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Communicate with performers, programmers and technicians.
- Coordinate a stage for a large-scale event
- Help to deliver one of the main attractions of The Works Art & Design Festival