Social Transformation Tournament Intern
|Category||Local from Home|
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The Social Transformation Tournament is a game-like collaboration between social and civil organizations and/or individuals. Projects that promote healthy community and strengthen the fabric of society – whether locally or globally – can be entered in the Tournament provided they were launched within the past three years. The Tournament provides a goal for the play; a set of rules; and a feedback (scoring) system. The play is completely voluntary.
The Social Transformation Tournament Intern will be responsible for researching and contacting social and civil organizations, and/or individuals involved in relevant projects, to invite them to participate in the Tournament. The Intern will also draft a Social Transformation Tournament Guidebook, which will be used to promote the Tournament to other cities.
Work on collecting information and contacting other organizations will be complete by January 30, 2018.
Draft manual will be complete by April 15, 2018.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Arts Administration/Management
- Arts and Cultural Studies
Some specialized skills required:
- Interest in social innovation
- Understanding of the goals and values of the Tournament
- Research skills
- Strong communication skills
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Develop a facilitation manual to offer to other municipalities to expand the Tournament provincially, nationally and internationally
- Contact specified organizations and/or individuals articulate the goals of the Tournament and invite them to submit their project
- Research and develop a detailed list of social and civil organizations (and/or individual projects) whose goals and values align with those of the Tournament, for review by Tournament coordinator(s)