Mentorship Program Intern
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
interVivos is a volunteer-run organization that hosts programs and events geared towards connecting young, emerging Edmonton leaders with their more experienced peers to develop skills and deepen applied learning opportunities to support personal and career goals, provide mentorship, build relationships, and actively engage with the Edmonton community in relevant, impactful and topical ways.
The Mentorship Program focuses on connecting protégés and mentors through a pairing event in a “speed dating format”.
Reporting to and working closely with the interVivos Mentorship Committee, the Mentorship Program Intern is accountable for deliverables connected to the coordination, planning and execution of the 2017 Fall Mentorship Program.
- Research planning
- Assist with Mentor recommendation
- Attend Mentorship Committee meetings as needed
- Sponsorship – outline appropriates alliances, sponsorship, and partnership with internal and external departments, organizations, foundations, and corporations if applicable
- Event debrief – assist with the post-event evaluation and make recommendations for future improvements
- Assist with event planning efforts and volunteers for tasks at other interVivos events
Can be done mainly virtually. Will attend occasional meetings and working sessions in central Edmonton as well at onsite on event days.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Administrative Professional
- Event Planning
Some specialized skills required:
- Event planning experience
- Familiarity with interVivos an asset
- Must be a team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communications, organizational and interpersonal skills
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Event debrief and evaluation
- A successful Mentorship Program
- Effective participation in the Board and Committee environment