|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Over the course of the fall semester, two Generator Interns will train new CJSR volunteers in the basics of making radio, and lead Generator, a news program that serves as an incubator for new volunteers.
One of the interns' main tasks will be leading monthly news training, with the support of CJSR's News Coordinator.
The other task, leading Generator, will require the interns to give new volunteers a more hands-on, in-depth introduction into making a radio show.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Radio, Film & Television
- Modern Languages and Culture Studies
Some specialized skills required:
- Educational or professional background in communications is an asset
- Experience using audio editing software (eg Logic Pro, Hindenburg, Audacity), iTunes, Word and Google Docs
- Prior experience volunteering with CJSR is an asset
- Experience in audio recording or editing required
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Prepare music and other material to play on Generator
- Shadow 1-2 basic news training sessions
- Lead monthly news training (1-2 nights per month)
- Mentor and train volunteers each week on Generator
- Recruit volunteer producers for Generator news program