Hair, Wig and Makeup Assistant
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
Training the actors and running crew to achieve their 'looks', training for quick-changes, training dressers for any wig maintenance that might be needed and confirming that all tool and products necessary to achieve the Hair and Makeup design are provided.
This position is responsible for the over all needs the production has for Hair and Makeup and its budget.
Position will be based in the Festival Wardrobe department in the south end but student would also be required to be onsite occasionally at the Heritage Amphitheatre in Hawrelak Park.
The Student Head of Hair and Makeup time is scheduled by the Head of Wardrobe and will not exceed the total allowed 100 hours. The position runs May 26th to June 16.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Trades (Vocational)
Some specialized skills required:
- Period makeup
- Period hair styles and techniques
- Makeup application and hygiene
- Hair styling and wig maintenance
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Learn about live theatre and the fast pass environment of the Theatre
- Working with the Head of Wardrobe, the Costume Designer and the Actors to create an overall look for the Festival Productions
- Furthering their education in the field of Theatrical Wig/Hair and Makeup or Cosmetic studies