Geocaching 101 Intern
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The Edmonton and Area Land Trust (EALT) is a non-profit organization that conserves important natural areas in the Edmonton region. These natural areas provide essential habitat for wild species and crucial opportunities for local residents to connect with nature. EALT is a young organization that is still building recognition in the community. Spreading awareness about EALT’s important conservation work by connecting with the community is critical for our success.
EALT is looking for an intern who is passionate about land conservation and eager to learn more about how geocaching can connect youth with nature. The intern will work with EALT’s Outreach Coordinator to develop plans to prepare for hosting geocaching workshops on our natural areas this summer. The intern must be a creative, enthusiastic team player.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Public Relations
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Health and Physical Education
- Event Planning
- Conservation Sciences
Some specialized skills required:
- Understanding of interpretive tours, techniques, and materials is an asset
- Knowledge of geocaching is an asset
- Strong creative writing skills with the ability to appeal to a wide audience
- Excellent written communication skills
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Create an equipment list to include all required supplies and recommended additional props to lead a geocaching workshop.
- Successfully created a script for the geocaching workshop to supplement the step by step instructions.
- Successfully drafted step by step instructions for hosting a geocaching workshop for young families at a natural area by completing online research about geocaching and interpretive programs to form a foundation for the project.
- Gained a greater understanding of local nature conservation and the role geocaching plays in connecting youth with nature.