Wildlife Social Media Intern
|Organization||Sign in to view|
|Contact Name||Sign in to view|
|Contact Phone||Sign in to view|
|Contact Email||Sign in to view|
The Edmonton and Area Land Trust (EALT) is a non-profit organization that conserves important natural areas in the Edmonton region. These natural areas provide essential habitat for wild species and crucial opportunities for local residents to connect with nature. EALT is a young organization that is still building recognition in the community. Spreading awareness about nature conservation and biodiversity is a critical component for our success.
EALT is looking for an intern who is passionate about land conservation and eager to learn about local species in the Edmonton region. The intern will work with EALT’s Outreach Coordinator to develop themed posts for several social media platforms to help build community awareness for the importance of nature conservation. The intern must be a creative, enthusiastic team player.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Environmental Science
- Conservation, Natural Sciences and Reclamation
- Conservation Sciences
Some specialized skills required:
- Knowledge of local flora and fauna an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong creative writing skills with the ability to appeal to a wide audience
- Excellent written communication skills
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Learned to modify information to fit the requirements of 4 different social media platforms.
- Successfully worked with the Outreach Coordinator to develop 15 or more species-related posts for four social media platforms.
- Successfully communicated the importance of nature conservation, related to local flora and fauna, to a varied audience through the use of social media.
- Gained a greater understanding of local flora and fauna in the Edmonton region, and the importance of nature conservation.